Macro 'Analysis disk space (summary)' never ends - background processing

Solved!
rona
Level 3
Macro 'Analysis disk space (summary)' never ends - background processing

Hello,

I launched the macro  'Analysis disk space (summary)'  and it ran during a long time. Finally I choose the option to execute in background.

Please, could you confirm if it's normal that it takes more than 15 minutes ? How can I see the output of the run when it's executed in background ?

Thanks

Annie

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rona
Level 3
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It seems that the first execution takes time, to collect all the project information. Now when I ran it I get the project information very quickly.

The first run should be done in background.

Annie

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

It is possible for the macro to take time to compute results, especially if you are on a shared Dataiku DSS Design Node with a large data directory (a likely consequence of dozens or hundreds of users training Machine Learning models) or a disk with low IO performance. However, if that is not the case, then 15 minutes could indicate a problem.

To clarify my understanding of your situation, does the macro ever complete?

If not, could you please attach a diagnostic of the DSS instance (Administration > Maintenance > Diagnostic tool) and send us the resulting file? Note that you need to be an administrator of the DSS instance - else you'll need to ask your admin.
โ€‹
If the resulting file is too large for this community discussion (> 19 MB), you can use https://dl.dataiku.com to send it to us. Please don't forget to send the link that is generated when you upload the file.

Cheers,

Alex
โ€‹

0 Kudos
rona
Level 3
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It seems that the first execution takes time, to collect all the project information. Now when I ran it I get the project information very quickly.

The first run should be done in background.

Annie

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku