Is it possible to determine visibilityCondition based on plugin recipe input?

Solved!
veenacalambur
Level 2
Is it possible to determine visibilityCondition based on plugin recipe input?

I am creating a recipe plugin that has two possible inputs: 1. A dataframe from the DSS flow or 2. DSS Visual Model 

If the input is a DSS Visual Model then I don't need any further input parameters but if it is the dataframe input I need the user to fill in 2 additional parameters. 

Is it possible to leverage the visibilityCondition based on the plugin recipe input? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

the form in the recipe settings isn't notified of the settings of the recipe itself, so you can't have a visibility condition based on what inputs are set. You could have visibility conditions on other parameters, so you could use DATASET-typed or SAVED_MODEL-typed parameters and base the condition on them, but then these datasets/saved models 1) wouldn't appear as inputs of the recipe in the flow and 2) you'd need to access them with ignore_flow=True in your recipe code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

the form in the recipe settings isn't notified of the settings of the recipe itself, so you can't have a visibility condition based on what inputs are set. You could have visibility conditions on other parameters, so you could use DATASET-typed or SAVED_MODEL-typed parameters and base the condition on them, but then these datasets/saved models 1) wouldn't appear as inputs of the recipe in the flow and 2) you'd need to access them with ignore_flow=True in your recipe code.

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku