Exporting dataset to Power BI

Solved!
piyushk
Level 4
Exporting dataset to Power BI

When I am exporting a dataset to Power BI. I can see the dataset is getting created in Power BI with table name dss_data and schema of the table.

But, I am unable to see any records in the dataset. Can you please suggest what might be going wrong?

1 Solution
piyushk
Level 4
Author

I got the solution. There was the issue of parsing the dataset datatype value on Power BI end. Apparently, the plugin uses Pandas dtype to specify the datatype of the column.

Therefore, convert the column/schema datatype to string on DSS end and then export the dataset to Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
piyushk
Level 4
Author

I got the solution. There was the issue of parsing the dataset datatype value on Power BI end. Apparently, the plugin uses Pandas dtype to specify the datatype of the column.

Therefore, convert the column/schema datatype to string on DSS end and then export the dataset to Power BI.

Reynholds
Level 2

Hi, may I ask you how you export your dataset into Power bi ?

piyushk
Level 4
Author

Pre requisite-Register application in azure and note down client secret and client id

Make sure user account has login access to Power BI

Select a dataset to be exported, choose any one options from the drop-down.  Provide required details and hit export. Your dataset got exported to Power BI.

https://www.dataiku.com/product/plugins/microsoft-power-bi/