Please introduce yourself

tgb417
Please introduce yourself

To all of the folks who have joined the NYC Dataiku User Group  (is NYC DUG the acronym.)

It would be great to get to know others in the area.

I currently have the privilege to work with cultural non-profit organizations (like theaters and museums) in the NYC area and around the world.  I help them better understand their data in order to better serve customers and deliver on their mission.

I've been using DSS since late 2017 and when not facilitating organizational change, I enjoy making digital images.

Who else is out there.  Please either drop me a direct note or share your story below.

--Tom
8 Replies
shuaizhang4
Level 2

Hello everyone, it's my pleasure to join the NYC DUG :). I'm currently doing market access analytics at Pfizer in New York. I started using DSS a few months ago, but only got serious about DSS just recently. Can't wait to become a Power User!

- Shuai

tgb417
Author

@shuaizhang4 ,

What kinds of things do you like to do with DSS?

What kinds of things would you like to learn more about in order to help you on your way to becoming a DSS Power User?

--Tom
0 Kudos
shuaizhang4
Level 2

I would like to know more about dashboard/report features. 

tgb417
Author

Are you currently doing any dashboarding in DSS?

If so what kinds of widgets are you putting in your dashboards today?

Have you created any insights that would be useful to your organization?

--Tom
0 Kudos
shuaizhang4
Level 2

Hi Tom, I don't have any particular dashboard project ongoing. I'm just interested in this feature of DSS in general.

0 Kudos
tgb417
Author

@Ventoux , @wanting4 , @Kenza98 , @aad34210@AaronCrouch , @JulieH , @adamnieto 

Welcome, all to the NYC Regional Dataiku User Group.  I'm hoping we can get a gathering going in September or Early October.  Was wondering if folks would be willing to take a moment to introduce themselves and share a little bit about what you are hoping to get form our group.  And also content you would be willing to share with the group.

--Tom
phb
Level 2

Really excited to join the New York User Group!  I serve as Head of Data Science & Actuary at Distinguished Programs (an insurance property and casualty firm) based in NYC, and am a Lecturer of finance at Columbia University in NYC.  I'm especially passionate about bringing ML into the classroom and building modules around real-world data and platforms (inclusive of Dataiku!) to help build student awareness and confidence with using these amazing resources.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Welcome @shuaizhang4 and @phb !

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos