Dataiku DSS integrates with VSCode

Although Jupyter notebooks are integrated into the Dataiku DSS interface, some developers favor writing code in an external IDE. DSS has integrations with a number of popular IDEs, including VSCode, that make it easy to manage code.

The short video below demonstrates how the DSS extension allows developers to pull and push code between DSS and VSCode:

Configuration

From within VSCode, you can install the dataiku extension and then configure VSCode to connect to an existing Dataiku instance.

Functionality

Once the connection to Dataiku is established, you can pull code from an existing code recipe, web app, or plugin into VSCode, edit and test the code, and then synchronize your changes back to the code recipe or plugin when you save the file.

This feature allows developers to collaborate with teammates and contribute to DSS projects while still being able to use their preferred IDE to write and test code.

kb-vscode-edit.png

What’s Next?

Try out this hands-on tutorial to see how this feature works in action.

Comments
lchunleo
Level 2

Can advise on "configure VSCode to connect to an existing Dataiku instance" how to configure the V

dima_naboka
Dataiker

To confiure connection settings, please follow details from https://github.com/dataiku/dss-integration-vscode#extension-settings

For example, you could create config.json with following contents in OS home folder

(base) ➜  ~ cat .dataiku/config.json
{
	"dss_instances": {
        "default": {
            "url": "http://127.0.0.1:11200/",
            "api_key": "XG7hmZifBuAN2nLJoPyz517XFaHmjcTL"
        }
    },
    "default_instance": "default"
}

angelaloureiro
Level 1

Thanks for this

p_phanwong
Level 2

Can we run the code in external IDE? 

little_sun
Level 1

I know I can run code locally using laptop's CPU power. 

But can I run code on the DSS code env and cluster? 

Share:

Labels

?
Labels (1)
Version history
Publication date:
07-03-2021 03:33 PM
Version history
Last update:
‎02-09-2022 03:06 PM
Updated by:
Contributors