How to share project with users

ayako
Level 1
How to share project with users

Sorry if I am asking a basic question but after searching in the community and tutorial I still could not find how to share a project with users. I am using version 5. Can someone help? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AgatheG
Dataiker

Hi ayako, and welcome to Dataiku Community ๐Ÿ™‚

If I understood correctly what you meant by share a project, you are looking for project permissions. These permissions can be defined by any project administrator, in the Permissions tab of the project's Security page (note that The Security page is in the menu that appears when you hover the three dot in the top navigation bar of your project).

You can there define what user groups can do within your project, such as reading or writing its content for instance. You can read more on the project permissions in the documentation: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/security/permissions.html

As I said, the permissions are applied to user groups, so you should grant the permissions to the groups to which the users you want belong to.

Hope that helps!

Agathe

0 Kudos
vamsikeka
Level 2

Hi AgatheG,

Can't we grant permission to individual users instead of group?

Thanks,

Vamsi

0 Kudos
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

Yes, since version 9, you can share projects with individual users.

Best regards

theophilek
Level 1

Hi, 

I have the free version without access to project permission but I had in mind that with the free version it was possible to share with a maximum of 3 users, do you know how ?

Thank you in advance !

0 Kudos