Discover this year's submissions to the Dataiku Frontrunner Awards and give kudos to your favorite use cases and success stories!READ MORE

How to Use placeholder while reading data from Hive table?

sagar_dubey
Level 1
Level 1
How to Use placeholder while reading data from Hive table?

Hi,

In my use case, I want to read a table from the Hive through the query option and apply different filters on top of it and create a different dataset.

A typpical example would be like -

1. Select * from <table_name> where country = ?  (1st dataset)

2. Select * from <table_name> where country = ?  (2nd dataset)

Is there any way I can use a config file here and put the value of config file in this "?" placeholder

Any help would be appreciated!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CoreyS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @sagar_dubey! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if you’ve tried any fixes already?This should lead to a quicker response from the community.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @sagar_dubey,

Have you investigated the use of partitions? or maybe create the datasets using a "split" visual recipe?

If you have, and they doesn't apply to your use case, could you provide more information as suggested by @CoreyS ?

Cheers!

0 Kudos