General Discussion

hemsharma82
Level 1
General Discussion
Hello Dataiku Support team - 

I have a general question on project migration from Design to the Automation Node. One of my project workflows has already been migrated to the Automation node and we have a scenario running every day to get the newer set of data. But based on business requirement, I would need to update the query where additional files and sql queries need to be added to update the flows and this can only be done within Design Node. Will the new workflow with the added/appended data points from Design move to the automation automatically or does it require the process to move/migrate as if we are doing it for the first time? Please let me know if this question is not clear. 

Thank you for your time and reply. 
0 Kudos
1 Reply
fsergot
Dataiker

Hello @hemsharma82 ,

By default, bundles are used to move project from Design to Automation and contains only the 'logic' of your project, no data.

The logic is then to update the deployed project (and not recreate it). When you update this deployed project, only your recipes, dataset setup, dashboard definitions, etc.. will be updated, the data they contained will not be touched.

You can actually embed data or other heavy objects but you need to define that manually in the bundle content. In this case, and in this case only, the content of the bundle will replace the content on the Automation node.

Here are a few pointers to relevant materials if you want to read more

Documentation - Creating a bundle

Knowledge - MLOps & Operationalization ยป Batch Deployment ยป Concept | Batch Deployment 

I hope this helps you.

Franรงois

0 Kudos