Filter not working?

Solved!
wjkelly
Level 3
Filter not working?

I uploaded a datafile and did a little cleaning. I wanted to verify that certain data were where I expected them to be. So on the "Customer" field, I search for "Apothecaria" and got nothing. But I could scroll and find the records that contained that value in the field. I'm not sure why the field won't filter on the specific customer name when I can clearly see it in the field data.

I've uploaded a screen grab that shows the filter interface with zero hits, and the actual data it should be hitting right below it on the screen.

It's weird. Thoughts?

Operating system used: MacOS Monterey v12.4

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

I see you have multiple filters on multiple columns, which may exclude the matches you are looking for based on the other filter.

Can you try using a single filter or can filtering using the filter in the Sample setting for the same value and see if you still don't get matches? 

Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 11.30.30.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

I see you have multiple filters on multiple columns, which may exclude the matches you are looking for based on the other filter.

Can you try using a single filter or can filtering using the filter in the Sample setting for the same value and see if you still don't get matches? 

Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 11.30.30.png

wjkelly
Level 3
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I deleted all filters, and tried again using the dropdown from the column name. Still got no hits despite seeing on the same screen records with the value I was trying to filter on.

Here's a screen shot of that:

screen grab 2.png

When I applied a filter in the Configure Sample dialog, it DID filter the dataset properly. 

I guess that satisfies my desire to verify the presence of certain data, but leaves me confused by the behavior of the filter function from the column header drop down. 

0 Kudos