Community Post text formatting

clayms
Level 3
Community Post text formatting

Why can't I use all of the formatting in this Community Message board?

Many of the code block or other formatting that is made available only to get removed b 

For example:

<code>import pandas as pd</code>

gives me the error message:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body.
The invalid HTML has been removed.
Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

If the message board system can't display this format, then why is it made available for comments?

Additionally, why would you not support markdown?

5 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @clayms thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. In regards to the Dataiku Community, you are limited to the code languages available in the text editor:

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 9.38.02 PM.png

The Dataiku Community is hosted on a platform powered by Khoros and this is the standard functionality out of the box for the platform. While I cannot guarantee that we could increase the scope of the code sample functionality, you are welcome to suggest this idea formally on the Community Feedback board.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
clayms
Level 3
Author

There are more formats when replying to posts.

DataikuCommunityPostFormats.PNG

Strange, even when I did not select any special formatting for this reply, when previewing this reply I get the error message:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. 
The invalid HTML has been removed.
Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @clayms thank you for clarifying. We will look into this further and see what we can find.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
tgb417

@CoreyS 

I also run into these messages quite frequently.  My work around when getting the error message is to just post the same message a second time, without any further changes. It almost always goes through on a second attempt to submit.

The only place that this resubmit approach causes trouble is in direct messages.  When the khoros system see me resubmitting in direct messages.  It seems to think that Iโ€™m trying to flood the direct message system with spam or something.  And it puts my account into a time out penalty box for an hour or so.  When Iโ€™m in the time out I canโ€™t send any more direct messages.  Including not allowing me to submit the direct message I was trying to send, and keeping me from submitting other direct messages for an hour or so.   This last bit is particularly frustrating.  

--Tom
clayms
Level 3
Author

Simply allowing markdown would be much easier. 

0 Kudos