You are invited: Conundrum Discussion group

tgb417
You are invited: Conundrum Discussion group

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a Conundrum Discussion group.

The idea is that every two weeks or so we would gather for up to an hour (virtual zoom call) to discuss some of our working out of the Dataiku conundrums.  Depending on the interest and skill of the group starting with some of the basic Condrums, and eventually moving on to the more advanced examples.  This would be an opportunity to discuss approaches to data that are not proprietary to our own contexts in an informal way.  The intent is that folks would make an attempt to solve the conundrums we would gather to discuss insights in the data and the approaches we have taken to get to the insights we have.  It's hoped that this would help each participant build an informal network of data science/analysts colleagues as well as give an opportunity to build a diverse set of data science skills.

If you are at all interested please add a comment below. If there is interest, in early January I'll set up the first call.  

Happy Holidays to all.

--Tom
9 Replies
MRvLuijpen

Hi Tom (@tgb417 )

I am interested in participating in these challenges. I just started with the first 3 and see the number currently runs up to 30+.

Cheers, 

Marc Robert

tgb417
Author

Cool,

We would need to pick a time to get together and a Conundrum or two to work on prior to getting together.

I've already done #1 and might take on one of the others.  (I've also taken a stab at 1/2 dozen of the others, beyond 1,2,3.)

--Tom

--Tom
0 Kudos
MRvLuijpen

Hi Tom, 

I also looked at several of them, only to find that I could not download/get the source data. I did send MichaelG a message about that.

Cheers,

Marc Robert

taraku
Dataiker

Hi Tom, I'd be interested in joining a conundrum discussion group. I am a technical writer and the conundrums are pretty challenging.

0 Kudos
tgb417
Author

@taraku,

I don't see that as a big challenge.  There are definitely easy and hard conundrums.  Maybe we start with easy ones and work toward harder ones.  

When we get together for the first time which conundrum(s) do we want to start with?

--Tom
0 Kudos
taraku
Dataiker

hi @tgb417 and @MRvLuijpen and everyone else who is interested in joining a conundrums discussion group +++ here is the index. A few that look interesting that I haven't tried are #9 Month Forecasting and #15 Secrets of Success. What do you think? 

aitรญa
Level 1

Hello, I am interested in joining this group and I do not see it listed in the User Groups section. Is it also possible for me to obtain beginner guidance on Conundrum 1?

0 Kudos
tgb417
Author

@aitรญa ,

Thanks for your interest in a Conundrum Discussion group.  There has definitely been some interest in this. However, I've not had the time to get this off the ground.  Glad to have a conversation with you about Conundrum 1 if you would like.  In what time zone are you located?  I'm on the East Coast of the United States.  Let me see if I can get some support for getting this off the ground from the Dataiku Community Management team.

--Tom
0 Kudos
aitรญa
Level 1

Okay please let us know if you get support, and yes I'd like to have a conversation. I'm in Canada, my timezone is EDT.

0 Kudos