Conundrum 7: The Job Hunt

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager
Conundrum 7: The Job Hunt
Generic Community Conundrums - header for posts8.png
Provided is (anonymised) data about over five hundred thousand people polled in the UK 2011 census. It includes each persons sex, age, marital status and other points.

Using all of this information can you build a model that predicts if the person is currently in work - either Employed or Self-Employed?

As you will quickly find you should be able to build a very accurate model because the data includes - 'hours worked per week', 'economic activity', and 'industry' data-points. So to turn things up a notch once you have built your first model try removing those and building a new one on 'hard mode'! 

You will need to refer to the following Key if you wish to know what the values in the data really mean! https://www.ons.gov.uk/census/2011census/2011censusdata/censusmicrodata/microdatateachingfile/variab...

Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.1.0.
I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
21 Replies
anita-clmnt
Level 3

I forgot we could export models to jupyter notebooks, thanks @tgb417 !

-Anita