PostgreSQL connection - authentification error

cmolia
Level 1
PostgreSQL connection - authentification error

Hello,

For the online course 'Integration With SQL Databases', I'm struggling to set up the PostgreSQL connection with DSS.

As guided by the course, on pgAdmin I executed the following queries in the database dku: 

CREATE SCHEMA dku_churn;
CREATE USER clara WITH PASSWORD 'Password';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON SCHEMA dku_churn TO clara;
CREATE SCHEMA dku_tshirt;
CREATE USER dku_tshirt_admin WITH PASSWORD 'Password';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON SCHEMA dku_tshirt TO dku_tshirt_admin;

In Dataiku DSS, on the Connections tab, I've tried every combination I could think of, see in attachments the settings screenshots. Adding ssl parameters in advanced properties doesn't seem to help.

Error technical details: 

• Error type:org.postgresql.util.PSQLException

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @cmolia we're actually recommending that you open a support ticket for this. More information on obtaining support can be found here.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
Angelo
Level 3

I'm getting a similar authetication error in that part of the tutorial although I haven't tried to set any JDBC properties:

FATAL: password authentication failed for user "dku_tshirt_admin"

Also, looking at this page (https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/connecting/sql/postgresql.html), looks like Postgres comes with JDBC drivers installed already in DSS so nothing more is required. Also checked my local DATA_DIR and found the files here: /home/dataiku/dataiku-dss-10.0.2/lib/ivy/jdbc-postgresql

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (2)