L1 exam for Core Designer Certification

Sava
Level 1
L1 exam for Core Designer Certification

Hi all,

I am new to the Dataiku, looks rather nice at first glance. However, have lots of issues with passing my first L1. Is there any chance for anyone to review my tests and tell me which answers were wrong and why, instead of doing 'try-mistake' approach here, which I find rather not educating for future purposes.

Thanks in advance!

Sava

6 Replies
Jurre
Level 5

Hi Sava, Welcome to the community!

Is it an idea to be a bit more specific on what challenges you encounter with the exam?  When i did the core designer exams it seemed that nearly every answer is mentioned somewhere in the courses of the learning path, or close by with a search in the knowledge base and documentation... 

Sava
Level 1
Author

Hi @Jurre

Thanks for feedback. 

In order to be more specific, wanted to ask is it possible that after I finish the exam, I see all my correct and incorrect answers alongside with explanations for each?

0 Kudos
Jurre
Level 5

That Dataiku-staff chose to not expose an answering model is somewhat understandable as that would create a need for extra flexibility in exams..  But I do agree with you that specific feedback on the exams can be helpfull, maybe @CoreyS can elaborate on this...

I have done the learning paths just to get up to speed with DSS. As examination always covers some hardly used ground it is possible to get stuck on some subject which might be  trivial for the actual usage of DSS. With more realistic usecases both this forum and the documentation have proved to be very helpfull. And : the whole academy is under active development -as the newly added learning path for coding in DSS shows-, so your feedback will certainly find it's way to Dataiku-staff with a focus on improving our learning-experience here!

hvasquez7
Level 1

Hi Sava I have the same problem I take the test my high score is 20 but I don't know how to se which questions is wrong, so My question is if you solve this problem or how do you pass the test.

Thank for your answer 

Best regards 

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hello @hvasquez7 and welcome to the Dataiku Community. All of the feedback in this thread is valid and we will make sure the Academy team is aware we just wanted to provide some insight into the why.

If you review our Dataiku Academy FAQ there is a question:

Q : Will I receive a breakdown of the questions I answered correctly and incorrectly after the exam?

A :  No.  Unfortunately, there are parties selling the answers to our previous certificate exam, so in order to preserve the validity and value of the assessment, we will not be sharing the questions and answers.

Please note that there is no limit on the amount of times you can take the exam as well. I know it is not the response that everyone is looking for but we just wanted to provide some additional context. Thank you again for all of your feedback and best of luck in your certification process.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Jurre
Level 5

Hi @hvasquez7 ,

As frustrating as it might feel when failure happens, in this case that failure actually helps you with learning. How ? your mind opens up to the realization that you don't know enough to pass, resulting in motivation, better focus and more attention to detail. Additionally you get some extra practise with searching, using the knowledge base and documentation etc.  That by itself is very usefull: a good grip on documentation, knowing where to find answers is often more usefull than knowing everything by heart as DSS evolves over time and specific details might change.

I did not pass my certifications at once. It made me feel all the better when i actually passed, because an easy exam ..well.. that's not much fun really is it ? Good luck with your next attempt, and please share your succes!